Welcome to this series of tutorials, which teaches you the basic tools and techniques of StudioCraft for InDesign. This tutorial introduces you to how to add tags to your document.
You can use StudioCraft to apply brand guideline rules to images or objects in your layout. Here you will discover how to apply tags to objects.
This sample file is an CreateTOTALLY asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial.
- Product image must be centred and maintain crop with even space top and bottom
- CreateTOTALLY logo to aligned to top left margin and scale proportionally
- Lifestyle image must be centred and maintain crop
- Headline to be centred and scale proportionally
- CreateTOTALLY logo to aligned to bottom right margin and scale proportionally
- CTA copy to aligned to bottom left margin and scale proportionally
Tag a new document
Download the sample file and open soundtracklife_untagged.indd
- To open the CreateTOTALLY Page Items Panel go to CreateTOTALLY in the menu and select Page items Panel
- To start to add tags you will need to first select the image or object in your layout. Please select Page item <Available now at createTOTALLY.c...> from Layer > HEADLINE>
Go to CreateTOTALLY > Page Items Panel> then press New
This is where you will create a new tag.
- Add CTA to Name
- Snap to Page Margin Select Bottom Left
- Click OK to save tag
The CreateTOTALLY Page Items Panel will update showing your new tag CTA.
- Select Page item <SPEN-HEADLINE-1L-W.ai>
- Add Soundtrack.Life to Name and apply the following tag options.
- Select Page item <prodLogo.ai>
- Add Totally TuneZ logo to Name and apply the following tag options.
- Select Page item <revolt-BMest61rcqs-unsplash.tif>
- Add Top image to Name and apply the following tag options.
- Select Page item <andre-hunter-p-I9wV811qk-unsplash.tif>
- Add Bottom image to Name and apply the following tag options.
- Select Page item <CreateTOTALLY_horizontal.ai>
- Add CreateTOTALLY logo to Name and apply the following tag options.
What you learned: Tag a new document
- How to access the CreateTOTALLY Page Items Panel
- How to add new tags to images or objects in your layout
- How to apply brand guideline rules to images or objects in your layout
Understanding the StudioCraft App Menu
The purpose of the StudioCraft app is to synchronise and facilitate communication between Adobe InDesign and the CreateTOTALLY platform.
Once StudioCraft App has been installed on your computer, you will be able to apply tagging options to the selected text and image objects.
Select Tags from the Adobe InDesign / CreateTOTALLY dropdown menu:
The CreateTOTALLY Page Tags window will then appear, allowing you to tag all of the variable elements within the InDesign artwork:
In order to review the Page Tags that you've created, select the Page Items Panel from the CreateTOTALLY drop down menu:
Each Tag will be associated with an ID and and Order reference:
Once you have added the required Tags to your InDesign file then you can save and close the final as required.
The Test Template feature allows you to check how your tagging will automatically adjust the page elements in your document layout when the page size of the document changes.